On November 20th STRATAGAME project, realized with the contribution of the Erasmus + program, was presented in the conference room of the Principe Umberto Scientific High School in Catania.
The project aims to support young students in the most "performing" search for professional opportunities, directly involving the school world. In particular, STRATAGAME intends to:
- support young people in the acquisition and development of key qualities for employability
- develop an effective open and innovative education through the use of ICT;
- contribute to the professional development of teachers in transmitting adequate methodologies for introducing the certification of soft skills into curricula.
At the end of the project:
- an online self-diagnosis test for the evaluation of the main 5 key transversal skills (soft skills) most requested by the job market: Network communication / relational skills, Teamwork, Flexibility/adaptability, Creative thinking, and Problem Solving
- an interactive online game aimed at developing the 5 soft skills considered in an attractive but equally effective way
- a digital guide for teachers on teaching methods to incorporate the diagnostic test and the online game on soft skills within school programs
The meeting, which saw the active participation of about 40 students and several teachers, was introduced by the School Manager Prof.ssa Raciti and then saw the interventions of Dr. Carmelo Messina, President of Medoro of Catania (partner for the Italy of the project), who illustrated the project within the framework of actions foreseen by the Erasmus + program, and of Dr. Giulia Santoro, Orientation expert and collaborator of the University of Catania, who studied the topic of soft skills, presenting, in particular, the self-diagnosis test, already available online on the project website.
In the debate that followed the speakers' speeches, some interesting questions emerged regarding the test, including: if someone is not sincere, can he be discovered? Can the final feedback be part of your CV? Other questions also related to the Erasmus + program.
The intervention of Dr. Santoro, particularly appreciated, made use of the projection of several videos and lively interaction with participants. In concluding the work, Prof. Raciti underlined the importance of knowing her own soft skills, proposing to the students of a class to take the test in the classroom and also the teachers present expressed the will to personally carry out the test.
The STRATAGAME project is carried out by a partnership of 7 entities belonging to 5 European countries (Romania, Poland, Spain, Turkey and Italy), has a duration of 24 months, and will end on 30 September 2020.